When I was writing my article about Jersey City’s Psychic Dina and her predictions for some of Hudson County’s most famous and the country in general, I made some predictions of my own for 2011.
Most of them are N.J. or Hudson-themed because I was making them with the Jersey Journal/Hudson Now in mind.
– Hoboken’s Washington Street is rechristened Cake Boss Boulevard and now features a multi-story outdoor waiting room for Carlo’s Bakery patrons.
– Confused citizens suggest using Beano against the controversial natural gas pipeline project proposed by Spectra Energy.
– After a successful state-wide bear hunt in 2010, New Jersey launches a campaign against bedbugs. Even taxidermists find hunters who display their kill decidedly creepy.
– New Jersey and New York decide to merge into one state, New Jerk. Confusion over how to redesign the American flag ensures.
– Actual washboards are made in the shape of Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino’s abs.
– Dubai announces new plans to build an indoor rainforest and a to-scale replica of the moon.
– Oprah announces plans to build a triple-size replica of Dubai.
Not the best stuff I could come up with, really, but I think they’re more fun to imagine than Dina’s predictions.
And here’s one real prediction: Everyone will have a happy, prosperous new year! Or at least the people who bothered reading this post.
Just kidding. =)