So today was my first day doing my full duties at The Jersey City Independent and I put up a few blog posts. So far, I’m enjoying the lighter, more casual and intimate vibe of the whole publication. It still does, however, feature quality writing and some really good journalism and isn’t an alt talking down to the people or exploiting their biggest political concerns without any care for the community’s real needs.
Oh, in case you were wondering what my blog posts were, here they are:
- ‘Principal For a Day’ Offers Inside Look at Jersey City Schools
- Art Show to Feature Doodle Artist Jon Burgerman and Pizza-Tossing Prodigy
- Free Ferry Rides For Military Personnel and Veterans During Fleet Week
- 90′s Pop Culture Tributes Sought for Art Show
- Jersey City Slam Prepares for National Poetry Slam in Charlotte
- Video Highlights Pushin’ Up The Daisies Festival
I’m still getting the hang of it but I’m doing my best to learn about JCI’s style and tastes as quickly as possible. So far, my coworkers have been super supportive and helpful in getting me trained and ready for my job. Woohoo!
Also, I now have Twitter! To hear my random musings and get the latest on art, music, theater, writing (and maybe even some news), follow me @SummerHort!