This week, I realized that I’m either a really fast writer or a robot. Probably a robot.
(I’ve written a lot more than the stuff below; I just have a lot of things holding.)
My hectic schedule started this week and I had to basically work 12-hour days every day this week in order to work at Sports Illustrated and keep on top of my assignments for the Jersey City Independent. It’s a little overwhelming, but I’m really enjoying both jobs so in some ways, it doesn’t feel like work at all.
Actually, I feel like I’m really hitting my stride in multiple ways. I feel happy and fulfilled — on top of the world, sometimes. I feel anxious when I don’t have a million things to do at once and I realized that I love writing for work and writing for play. I’m feeling more confident about myself, my decisions, my work ethic and my ability to push through. I’m becoming a better writer and a better photographer. I feel like I’m doing things that will contribute to my growth and ultimate success. It’s leaking through to other parts of my life, too. I’m usually very disciplined but now I’m on fire, aware and constantly on-top of things. When I know what I have to do, I don’t hesitate but push through. I know the exact best way to execute things and multi-task and finish everything on time because I’m thinking quickly and clearly. God is blessing me a lot right now and I’m so grateful.
It’s making me a better person – or rather, a more active good person. I find myself wiping public bathroom counters, opening doors for women with strollers, and doing other little things that I know will brighten people’s days or make their lives easier.
To make it even better, I’m working on new theater stuff! One project is very close to being done and another is looking really promising. Here’s to praying for more great times.
The Jersey City Independent:
- Beauty Salon and Shop Walker’s Apothecary Moving to New York City
- New Vet in Heights Neighborhood Offers Acupunture, Stem Cell Treatments and More
- Shades of Java Coffee Shop on West Side Avenue Closes Due to Financial Difficulties
- State’s Suspended Red Light Cameras, Including One in Jersey City, Are Certified
- City Hall Raises Cyprus Flag and Awareness of Cypriot Struggle for Democratic Freedom
- Jersey City Medical Center Ranked Among Top Hospitals in Region by Report
- PHOTOS: Newport Beach Party
- Route 7 Wittpenn Bridge Connecting Jersey City and Kearny Closes This Saturday, Next Eight Weekends
- Hudson County Awards Jersey City Medical Center EMS Contract for 9-1-1 Medical Calls
- Blood Drive ‘Matches’ Pint Donations With Books for Local Boys and Girls Club
- PHOTOS: Lucky 7 Tavern’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Barbecue
- Kids and Artists Teaming Up for ChalkFest at Exchange Place Plaza
- Jersey City Youth Chorus and Musicians Perform at Exchange Place
- Love at First Listen: Electrohop Trio Triangle Offense Raps Straight from the Heart (Lead)
- Jersey City Violinist ‘MazzMuse’ Swift Plays at Sun Moon Yoga Class on Friday
- Project Greenville Seeks Animal Portraits for Next Art Show During JC Fridays Festival
- Jersey City Film Forum Returns Sunday with Jaws
- PHOTOS: Fish with Braids Gallery Reopens in New Space on Columbus Drive