This has been an excellent week for me. In fact, the past few weeks have been really nice. I’ve been collaborating with other artists — posing for two local painters, recording vocals for an up-and-coming rapper, being part of a friend’s play about Dutch Jersey City — and I’m having a ball, really.
I’m also making strides with my own stuff. With help from some fantastic readers, I was able to put together one of my most uh, marketable short stories yet to submit to a fiction contest. Hopefully something happens!
Also, this Saturday (tomorrow) I am performing a spoken word piece inspired by Jessica Jones/Power Woman, one of Marvel’s Avengers, for Artists Assemble, a free comic book festival in Union City! Click here for more details.
I’m also busy rehearsing for the reprisal of my one-woman show Kookspeak (which debuted at the So Low Theater Festival and was also part of the Jersey City, Land of the Freeform Festival) that will serve as an opener for Grammy- and Tony-nominated master spoken word poet Reg E. Gaines’s solow show The Last Celebrity. I will perform Feb. 16 at 7 pm; you can see both me and Reg for $10. Click here for more details.
And now, big news — I am proud to announce that my new duet one-act Before, After and Always will be part of the inaugural STAGEfest at the historic Landmark Loew’s Jersey Theatre! More details coming soon. Until then, I’m preparing my promotional campaign and doing some casting to find my costar. I’m so excited!
Anyhow, without further ado, here are my articles from this week.
The Jersey City Independent:
- Diners Can Win Dinner for Two for Taking New Jersey Monthly Jersey Choice Restaurant Poll
- Schools Development Authority Advances Emergent Repair Projects at Five JC Schools
- Public Can Weigh in on Liberty State Park Transportation Debate Through Feb. 7
- Jersey City Getting $300,000 Grant to Improve Safety at School Crossings
- Last-Minute Volunteers & Donated Items Needed for Hudson County Homeless Street Count Tonight
- Counseling for Hurricane Sandy Victims Available at Main Library
- Flash Flood Watch in Effect for Jersey City & Most of New Jersey
- Weekday PATH Train Service Restored to Pre-Sandy Schedule
- UPDATE: Pavonia Branch Library Reopening Feb. 11 After Broken Water Heater in Condo Above Forced Closing
- Survey Asks Jersey City & Bayonne Residents for Feedback in Bus Rapid Transit Feasibility Study
- Over 20 JC Eateries Participating in Hudson Restaurant Week from Jan. 28 to Feb. 8
- City Revealing Renovation Plans for Fulton Avenue Park
- Con Vivo Music Bringing Bach Back to Barrow Mansion, Planning to Grow Audience in 2013
- Kaminsky Foundation’s Studio Program Offering Space at Mana Contemporary to Artists Hit by Sandy
- Kiwi’s New Album ‘On the Move’ Serving up Hot Tunes from Musical Melting Pot
- More Calls for Art in Jersey City
- JC Artists in African-American Contemporary Art Exhibit on Roosevelt Island (Lead)
- 2013 Brings Another Spectacular Snow Ball for Art House Productions
The Jersey Journal: