I, Summer Dawn Hortillosa, am the executive director at 68 Productions (68P), a Jersey City-based theater company devoted to producing original work by women of color in the Hudson County and New York Metropolitan area.
It was founded in December 2011 by myself and assistant director Liliane Wolf. She and I share the same birthday, June 8, which happens to be the greatest day in the world and the inspiration for the company’s name.
I am primarily a creative writer of plays and short stories, but also direct, produce, promote and act for 68P. In 2007, I won the New Jersey Young Playwrights Festival at 16 and made my directorial debut as an Art House Productions Emerging Artist later that year. I recently won the Lavina Kohl Award in Literature from the New Jersey chapter of the National Society of Arts and Letters. To learn more about my personal theater experience, see my CV.
Below is a list of our productions and performance history. For more information, click on the name of the play.
– Monroe Center for the Arts, Hoboken, March 22-24, 2012.
– Downtown Urban Theater Festival, New York City, March 28, 2012
– So Low Theater Festival, Jersey City, Sept. 27 and 29, 2012
– Jersey City, Land of the Freeform Festival, Oct. 13, 2012
– Opening for Reg E. Gaines’ “The Last Celebrity,” Feb. 16, 2013
– Tri-State Arts and Music Festival, May 19, 2013
– Digable Arts Festival, Oct. 12 and 13, 2013
– Tachair One Act-Play Festival, Feb. 7, 2014 (“Senses”)
– TEDxJerseyCity: Brave New World, Nov. 8, 2014 (“Senses”)
Before, After and Always
– STAGEfest at the Loew’s, March 23-24, 2013
– Tachair One-Act Play Festival, Feb. 7, 2014
– STAGEfest at the Loews, March 22, 2014
So What If I Loved You
– Merseles Studios, Aug. 21-24, 2014
In Full Color: A Women’s History Month Celebration
– Art House Productions, March 26, 28 and 29, 2015
Logo designed by Narciso Espiritu Jr.